Approaches to Designing a Wireless Sensor Network Node
Ivan Buhrym, Oleksandr Vynokurov, Pavlo Galkin
Theoretical and Applied Aspects of Device Development on Microcontrollers and FPGAs, MC&FPGA. – 2019. – P. 21-24.
The object of the research is the hardware component for building a test platform for wireless sensor networks. The aim of the work is to develop a software and hardware test platform for wireless sensor networks. As a result of the analysis, the node structures, wireless sensor network modules, CC2530 peripherals were analyzed. A module based on the CC2530 PA was chosen as the hardware. Given to optimize the structure of the node for as one of approach to designing a wireless sensor network node. Also given report about difference in approach to designing nodes and uses areas.
Keywords: approach, CC2530, software and hardware test platform, node, wireless sensor network
Full Text: PDF
- C. Alvarado, F. Bosquez, Palacios and L. Córdoba, “Low-energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy protocol and optimal number of cluster head algorithm in a randomized wireless sensor network deployment,” 2017 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer, and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT), Mysuru, 2017, pp. 1-4. oi: 10.1109/ICEECCOT.2017.8284632.
- V. Semenets, “Technical aspects for development laboratory base for learning FPGA and microcontroller systems,” 2009 10th International Conference – The Experience of Designing and Application of CAD Systems in Microelectronics, Lviv-Polyana, 2009, pp. 145-145.
- P. Galkin, “Razrabotka laboratornogo kompleksa po izucheniyu vstraivaemyih sistem upravleniya i promyishlennoy avtomatizatsii [Development of a laboratory complex for the study of embedded control systems and industrial automation],” Materials of the 21st International Youth Forum “Radio Electronics and Youth in the 21st Century”, April 25-27, 2017 Conference “Automated systems and computerized technologies of radio-electronic instrument-making”, Kharkiv, KNURE, vol. 2, P.94-95. (In Russian).
- P. Galkin. “Analiz energopotrebleniya uzlov besprovodnih sensornih setei [Analysis of power consumption of nodes of wireless sensor networks],“ ScienceRise, no.2 pp 55-61, 2014. (In Russian).
- P. Galkin, “Model of Reducing the Power Consumption for Node of Wireless Sensor Network in Embedded Control Systems,” 2018 International Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications. Science and Technology (PIC S&T), Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2018, pp. 252-256. doi: 10.1109/INFOCOMMST.2018.8631891.
- A. Razi, F. Afghah and A. Abedi, “Power Optimized DSTBC Assisted DMF Relaying in Wireless Sensor Networks with Redundant Super Nodes,” in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 636-645, February 2013. doi: 10.1109/TWC.2012.121712.111968.
- Daozong Sun, Weixing Wang, Jianqing Lu and Zuanhui Lin, “Design of WSN nodes and network performance analysis in a tea plantation,” IET International Conference on Wireless Sensor Network 2010 (IET-WSN 2010), Beijing, 2010, pp. 144-147. doi: 10.1049/cp.2010.1043.
- H. Chen, W. Wang, B. Sun, J. Weng and F. Tie, “Design of a WSN Node for Rice Field Based on Hybrid Antenna,” 2017 International Conference on Computer Network, Electronic and Automation (ICCNEA), Xi’an, 2017, pp. 276-280. doi: 10.1109/ICCNEA.2017.101.
- J. Jinwu, C. Lecai and L. Renjia, “The Design of Linux Driver of WSN Nodes Based on ARM,” 2011 Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, Shenzhen, Guangdong, 2011, pp. 761-764. doi: 10.1109/ICICTA.2011.477.
- S. Gaikwad, R. Patil, A. Khandare and A. Rai, “Design WSN node for protection of forest trees against poaching based on ZigBee,” 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Computing and Communication Technologies (CONECCT), Bangalore, 2015, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.1109/CONECCT.2015.7383911.
- C. Ma, N. Li, X. Pang, S. Wang and Y. Yang, “Hardware Design of Factory Toxic Gas Leakage Monitoring System Based on CC2530,” 2018 10th International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC), Hangzhou, 2018, pp. 243-245. doi: 10.1109/IHMSC.2018.10162.
- M. Khanafer, M. Guennoun and H. T. Mouftah, “A Survey of Beacon-Enabled IEEE 802.15.4 MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks,” in IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 856-876, Second Quarter 2014. doi: 10.1109/SURV.2013.112613.00094.
- Second Generation System-on-Chip Solution for 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 / RF4CE / ZigBee [Electronic resource] / Texas Instruments.– Available at: www/ URL: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2530.pdf
- F. Knutti, N. Tobler and H. Mathis, “Low-power voting device for use in education and polls employing TI’s CC2530 RF CHIP,” 2014 6th European Embedded Design in Education and Research Conference (EDERC), Milano, 2014, pp. 221-224. doi: 10.1109/EDERC.2014.6924392.
- P. Galkin, L. Golovkina and I. Klyuchnyk, “Analysis of Single-Board Computers for IoT and IIoT Solutions in Embedded Control Systems,” 2018 International Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications. Science and Technology (PIC S&T), Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2018, pp. 297-302. doi: 10.1109/INFOCOMMST.2018.8632069.
- T. Nimi and P. Samundiswary, “Comparative analysis of ZigBee network with tree and mesh topology for different range of frequencies,” 2017 2nd International Conference on Communication and Electronics Systems (ICCES), Coimbatore, 2017, pp. 560-564. doi: 10.1109/CESYS.2017.8321140.
- P. Galkin, “Analysis models of collection data in wireless sensor networks,” 2016 Third International Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications Science and Technology (PIC S&T), Kharkiv, 2016, pp. 233-236. doi: 10.1109/INFOCOMMST.2016.7905392.